Handling the media
This course aims to give you some tools to help you confidently handle the media during an interview whether print or broadcast, in live & pre-recorded situations.
Objectives: By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Carry out a studio based interview for TV or radio
- Carry out a field interview for radio or TV
- Ensure your message is delivered & not that of the journalist
- Recognise at lease 3 broadcast media terminology
- Identify the different requirements for print or broadcast
Session will include:
Handling broadcast media interviews
- A presentation on tips for carrying out live/pre-recorded interviews
- Guide on what to expect in radio & TV studios
- Dos & Don’ts during a live broadcast interview
- Listening/viewing interviews how not to do it
- Discussing what went wrong and why Listen/view good interviews
- Discuss why this went well
- Different needs of newspapers, radio, or TV news
- Learn about some of the key areas for consideration ahead of an interview
- Learn the 3 Rs for handling a crisis
Who should attend?
Anyone who does media interviews – print, online or broadcast on behalf of their organisation, or anyone who prepares spokespeople for media interviews.